Tuesday 4 October 2011

School Tomorrow...

I am currently in the second year of my Wine and Spirit Education Trust Diploma in Wines and Spirits. The thinking behind this financial and personal investment is to make me a better employment candidate for prospective employers, to taste some good wines, and broaden my knowledge of all things wine related. Many of my friends think that this must be an easy undertaking, and I get a fair amount of healthy jokes thrown at me too. I can assure you that this is no 'breeze', swirling, spitting and describing wine in an industry recognised and quantified way takes practice and dedication, and that's without the study around viticulture, production methods and wine regions.
So tomorrow is School, up in London at the Trust HQ on Bermondsey Street, a day that I look forward to with a healthy mix of excitement and fear. The reason I choose to rise at 6 am to get the 7.11 to London Bridge is to get the teaching straight from the horses mouth, as it were. I am fully aware that this course is run at other centres of learning, but the pass rates from those studying at the Bermondsey Street site are that much higher. Tomorrow is the Rhone and Southern France, mmm Gigondas...

No comments:

Post a Comment