Thursday 24 November 2011

Lebanese Wine Tasting

A thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours at this establishment on Wigmore Street:


 Some thoroughly modern styles of wine making, lots of very rich pear dominated Viognier blends and some interesting reds, oaked and unoaked.


 Some Lebanese dishes were offered as a way of reinforcing the wine experience, I sampled one and then decided to leave to see these chaps:


Matt is a contact I know through friends of friends, you know how these networking things work out. I was offered a glass of wine immediately, and sat and chewed the fat for a while. During the second glass Robbie of Upward Recruitment dropped in after a Languedoc tasting, so it was good to meet him after having spoken so recently. I couldn't go away empty handed after all the hospitality the chaps had shown me, and purchased a rather good Martinborough Pinot Noir, more of which later.

No comments:

Post a Comment